Good morning. Blueberries were on sale on Friday for waffle-making on Saturday. We're like a little family, except mom doesn't have to do all the work because we all pitch in. There are just as many laughs in recounting the party last night was there were when it was happening. It's a chill and fulfilling way to debrief. Sometimes there's a slight let-down after the high of a fun night with friends, but brunch at home with my housemates is the best antidote.
challenging and refreshing worship
Last week at 8th Day faith community was particularly beautiful as we participated in a music peace liturgy written by one of the members. My friend Sadie shared about her experience as a volunteer with a human rights NGO in Zimbabwe. The message that woven through her story challenged me to inspect the callings God has entrusted to me and how willing I am to sacrifice personal comforts for those passions. Every week I am inspired by the stories of people just like me who are intentionally working with the word of God in their lives and hearts that is tugging on them to move more and more closer to the heart of God and God's dream for the world. I particularly love that a community this size (30-40 on a given Sunday) allows me to make connections with people who are shaping the church because no one is not a part of its shape. It's hard to be a peripheral there, but at the same time I don't feel pressured to be something I'm not. Everyone's presence and gifts are valuable no matter how large or small.
evening bike rides
There's nothing like the cooling, hazy light of the early evening, leafy-green tree-lined paths, and a few friends to make a bike ride a little prayer of joy.
musicians practicing in my house
I walked in the door from church this morning to find Clay and friends from his church practicing for their afternoon worship. What a beautiful thing to arrive home to! To be able to sit and bask in their creativity and passion for worship through music was such a gift to me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment